What is this grant about?
In light of current events, there has been a need for small businesses to make the shift online to maintain a connection with their customers. It is also current events that have made the shift difficult for many businesses, especially financially.
The Canada United Small Business Relief fund is a private/public partnership with the goal of helping small businesses across Canada become more resilient and future proof.
Your business could qualify for up to $5,000 in grant funding if you have recently (after March 2020) invested in a new website, website enhancements including copywriting, content creation and eCommerce capabilities.
The grant can be used for the following eligible expenses:
- Purchased Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks, face shields, and latex gloves.
- Renovated physical space to adhere to local, Provincial or Federal reopening guidelines.
- Enhancements of website / developing of E-commerce for our business.
So if you have recently updated your website, this may be a great opportunity to use this reimbursement funding to help pay for it.
We can help you determine if you qualify and we can even help you put together an application. All applications will be reviewed on a first-come first-serve basis so make sure to act now before the program ends.
Do you qualify for this grant?
- Was your business operating as of March 15, 2020 Y/N
- Are you registered for GST/HST? Y/N
- Do you have fewer than 75 employees? Y/N
- Are your annual sales between $150,000 and $3,000,000? Y/N
- Do you have a minimum of $1,000,000 in commercial liability insurance? Y/N
If you answered Yes, to all the questions above, you may qualify. You can apply here (starting October 26). https://occ.ca/canada-united-small-business-relief...
Feel free to contact us for more information or for assistance with your application.
Note - You do not need to be a member of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) to qualify or apply for the program. The OCC is managing the program application.
Posted: October 22, 2020